Marketing and distribution is not an easy task especially when your products are not a basic needs of the people or if your product is new launch and not yet known in the market..but if there's a will there's a way...if you are a distributor salesman, here the steps to make your call to be effective.The Basic Call Procedure.
- Plan your work..(your area,territory, your objectives and target.)
- Plan and check the account potential.
- Check your sales tools (invoice, ball pen, sales aid,calculator)
2. Enter Call
- Greet the store owner or the store attendants.
- Ask permission to do the store and warehouse check.
3. Store check
- Check the merchandising position (pricing, shelves display position)
- Check the inventory of your products in the warehouse and in the display area.
- Check competitor's activities. (pricing and new products)
- Make a suggested order according to your inventory.
4. Sales Presentation
- Present your suggested order to the purchaser.
- present your promo plan if there is.
5. Closing the Sales
- After the sale presentation, give to the customer your sales order plan sheet
to sign and confirm his/her order.
- if there are some clarification be ready to answer.
6. Record and Reports
- After the customer confirm the order, write it down on the invoice (write it
- do the writing at the place where you cannot disturb the traffic of the
7. Layout for stock delivery.
- Give the invoice to your helper for delivery.
8. Delivery and payment
- after your helper deliver the items, collect it immediately.
- check the cash or the check in front of the customer.
- validate the date, the figure, the words on the check payment.
- remember "sales is not a sales unless it is collected, deposited in the bank
9. Merchandising (re-sale and maintenance)
- display your delivered products on shelves or hanging dispenser.
10. Next Call and "Thank You"
- Give an appreciation and thank you to the store owner or purchaser.
- tell him/her your next visit.
11. Post Call Analysis
- after your call, evaluate the result.(the target and objective whether you
achieve or not, why or how)